Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I would rank this Father's Day among one of the best yet. While in the past (due to not so great weather) we've always headed out to a local town fair, this year we woke up to beautiful sunshine and made a change in tradition. After my husband opened gifts of grooming from my son and I, we quickly headed out the back door to soak up some rays. My son and I then made a yummy breakfast of waffles; after we devoured those we made our way to the park. From my post yesterday I shared the fun we had at a brand new wave pool just opened blocks from our house; not only does this park feature the wave pool, but it also has a great playground with a skate park for kids, and an enormous field on a hill for ball games and kite flying. The wind was wild, and we flew our kite for a good amount of time before the lines snapped twice... the wind whipped us around for a little longer while my husband chased our delighted son around, then it was time to head home for dinner. I made buffalo burgers and mixed in a bunch of ingredients like onion, cheese and seasoning. Served up on some cute gingham plates I found at our local dollar store, and the day was complete.

No comments: